• Caring for adults over 65 years old.
  • Dementia.
  • Mental health conditions.
  • Physical disabilities.
  • Sensory impairments.

Residential care. Dementia care. Respite care Day care.

At Parc Vro Care Home we offer personal care including specialist dementia care, we don’t charge an ‘administration fee’ in order to move into our home, and all our fees, plus any extras required, are clearly laid out for you to see. That means full transparency so that you can plan financially for the future.

The fee is from £1,100 per week payable on the 1st of the month in advance. The respite rate for residential care is from £1,200 per week.
The Day Care service runs from 9am until 4pm the fee is from £55. This will increase depending on any additional services being requested .e.g bath + laundry service (£10), private service: hair dressers, chiropody etc, and excludes transport.

The actual fee will be dependant on a needs assessment. This assessment will be carried out pre and post admission. The fees charged may need to be adjusted due to increased needs. The reasons for any change will be discussed and confirmed in writing with the client and/or a financial representative. It is suggested that any financial authorities are setup prior to admission.

Fees are increased annually commencing 1st April In line with inflation.

Our home manager, Jenny Tonkin is here to help you and your family. If you have a care enquiry please contact on : 01326 221 275

Financing Care

We understand how difficult and confusing it is to plan for the financing of care fees, particularly at a time when you are dealing with the decisions concerning the welfare of a loved one.
We have included the following for your information. This is not inclusive and we cannot be held liable or responsible for any changes to legislation.

As an organisation we recommend requesting an assessment of need from The Department for Adult Social Care.

Care Fee Planning

We are often asked about care fee planning – it is one of the things that most people moving into a care home are concerned about.

With good planning, it may be possible, when care is needed, to structure your finances in such a way that care fees can be paid for the rest of your life, providing peace of mind

Understandably, you will want to fully understand the costs so that there are no unexpected surprises.

How is care funded?

What Government support can I expect if I need care?
If your loved one has savings currently totalling more than £23,250 (in England), they will generally be responsible for the funding of their own care until such time as their money falls below this threshold.

Many people are confused about whether the value of their relative’s home is included in the calculations.

Broadly speaking, a person’s home is not included in the means test if:

  • The spouse still lives in the home
  • A relative over the age of 60 lives in the home
  • A disabled relative lives in the home
  • A child under the age of 16 lives in the home
  • The person is in the first 12 weeks on needing permanent care
  • The care is being provided on a temporary basis where a property is jointly owned with someone who is not on the above list, we recommend that you speak to a specialist care fee provider about the way this may have been assessed by the Local Authority as valuations of part-shares in a property are not always carried out correctly.

What are the 12-week property disregard and deferred loan?

The Local Authority must disregard the value of your relative’s property for the first 12 weeks of them moving into a care home on a permanent basis, provided that their other savings and capital total less than £23,500.

After the initial 12 weeks, if your loved one’s home remains unsold, the Local Authority may be able to lend money to pay for your relative’s care, through a ‘deferred payment agreement’ or ‘deferred loan’, which will be recovered when the property is finally sold.

If your relative is considering renting out rather than selling their property outright, it is important to seek advice to ensure that any tax implications, such as Capital Gains Tax, are taken into consideration.

To qualify for this financial support, the Local Authority will first carry out a ‘care needs assessment’ to establish and agree that your relative does actually need to move into a care home. If they do not feel that residential care is necessary, they can refuse to make this contribution.

The Local Authority will have a standard amount that they will be prepared to pay towards care and if this is less than the private fee charged by your chosen care home, a top up fee may be required. This can be made from your relative’s remaining savings, provided that they have between £14,250 and £23,250 at their disposal.

Is there any other financial help available?

Attendance Allowance is a non-means tested, tax-free state benefit which is payable to all those over the age of 65 who have needed care for longer than six consecutive months.

Attendance Allowance can continue to be paid whilst your relative is living in a care home, provided they are paying for the care themselves and are not funded by the Local Authority.

What happens if the money runs out?

Your relative’s Local Authority has an obligation to fund care once their capital reaches £23,250, provided they meet the eligibility criteria.

However the Local Authority will have a maximum amount that they are prepared to pay and any shortfall in fees may need to funded by a family member, known as a ‘third party top-up.’

What are the options if my relative needs to pay for their care?

If your relative’s savings push them above the means tested threshold, they will generally be responsible for the funding of their own care home fees.

However, with careful planning it may be possible to structure their finances in such a way that care home fees can be paid indefinitely, with some of their capital protected which they can pass on to their beneficiaries.

There are a number of options including:

  • Paying directly from capital.
  • Investing the capital
  • Care fee plans (also referred to as a care fees annuity – see the link below and annex 1) A combination option
  • As care funding is an important decision, it makes sense to consult with a firm of financial planners with particular expertise in elderly care advice.

Independent Care Fee advice can be obtained from Age UK (formerly Age Concern) and Care Aware both organisations offer complete up to date information.

As an organisation we recommend requesting an assessment of need from The Department for Adult Social Care.

We are pleased to suggest this guide as a further source of information.



What is a Care Fees Payment Plan? How does the plan work?

These are impaired life annuity plans that are specifically designed to meet the cost of care in either a care home or in the person’s home. They usually pay the income shortfall, i.e. the gap between income available and the cost of fees or up to the whole amount of the fees. The payment from the plan is paid tax free when made to a Care Quality Commission registered care provider. Payments are made for the rest of the person’s life. Indexation options are available to protect against inflation as are capital protection options to reduce risk in event of early death. The lump sum cost to purchase is fully underwritten and is calculated on the person’s age and health; so the shorter someone’s life expectancy, the lesser the sum needed to buy the income to cover care costs.

Payments are guaranteed to be made tax free for life, while a reduction in the value of your estate could potentially save IHT due on death. The plan provides peace of mind as the income will always be paid until death. Portability, if there is a change of care providers. Deferred options are available that defer income payments for a cheaper plan cost. The plans are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

Who qualifies for a Care Fees Payment Plan?

The plan is suitable for anyone in need of care on an indefinite basis and wants certainty of payments for the rest of life. The plan covers one person but can be purchased by a third party.

What happens if the client dies soon after taking out the plan?

There are a range of capital protection options which offer to pay up to 70% of the plan purchase cost in event of death less the payments made to the date of death.
Alternatively, capital guarantees are provided in the first six months of the plan’s commencement (some providers offer this free of charge) in event of death and a proportion of the purchase cost is returned to the estate less payments made to the date of death. A popular way to mitigate the potential loss of capital in the event of early death, however, is to purchase the plan on a deferred start basis.

Where does this type of plan sit in light of the greater pension freedoms from April 2015?

The pension freedom is for those retiring and having a choice on how they take benefits to supplement their life in retirement. A Care Fees Payment Plan is for those that are at the point of need for care and have an income shortfall requirement for the rest of their life.

What are the alternatives to Care Fees Payment?

Fund from capital and income with the risk that the money runs out, resulting in the loss of choice of care to care funded by the local authority after a means tested assessment.

THERE ARE CHANGES TO SOCIAL CARE FUNDING IN 2025 – The long awaited Care Fees Cap: limiting the cost of personal care to £86,000 until then the current funding rules apply